Our Mission & Vision
Massachusetts Virtual Academy at Greenfield, a Commonwealth Virtual School, is the first diploma-granting virtual commonwealth school in Massachusetts and is in its fifth year of operation in the state.
Our mission is to provide a standards-based, Massachusetts public school option to students statewide.
While our school will be open to all students, we are particularly interested in serving a unique population of students in our district and statewide, including:
- Students currently enrolled in the Massachusetts Virtual Academy at Greenfield;
- Students who reside in Greenfield, Massachusetts;
- Students with disabilities;
- Students out of school due to pregnancy or parenting;
- Students who have been bullied or who are out of school due to other safety concerns;
- Students who seek an advanced coursework not available in their current school;
- Students who must work during the day; and
- Students in training for competitive arts or sports
Our school and its founders have a vision of creating a new 21st-century public school model that could serve many students, but specifically the aforementioned groups who often have no viable complete schooling options.