Our Mission & Vision
Massachusetts Virtual Academy at Greenfield, a Commonwealth Virtual School, is the first diploma-granting virtual commonwealth school in Massachusetts and is in its fifth year of operation in the state.
Massachusetts Virtual Academy at Greenfield, the Commonwealth’s first virtual K-12 public school, delivers a transformative education with unique strengths and flexibility perfectly suited for the modern world.
Our approach encourages critical thinking and an independent learning style that meets the key needs of diverse learners by providing educational resources that cultivate curiosity, exploration and inquiry.
While our school will be open to all students, we are particularly interested in serving a unique population of students in our district and statewide, including:
- Students currently enrolled in the Massachusetts Virtual Academy at Greenfield;
- Students who reside in Greenfield, Massachusetts;
- Students with disabilities;
- Students out of school due to pregnancy or parenting;
- Students who have been bullied or who are out of school due to other safety concerns;
- Students who seek an advanced coursework not available in their current school;
- Students who must work during the day; and
- Students in training for competitive arts or sports
Our school and its founders have a vision of creating a new 21st-century public school model that could serve many students, but specifically the aforementioned groups who often have no viable complete schooling options.